Whole Smoked Lemon Pepper Chicken
2 tbsp parsley
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp onion powder
6 tbsp lemon zest
3 tbsp black pepper
1 whole chicken
4 L water
1 cup sugar
1 cup salt
1. Brine Chicken in the salt, sugar and water overnight
2. Mix together all other ingredients except the lemon and chicken
3. Rub the blended spices on brined chicken
4. Place chicken in smoke barrel on the top rack with an aluminum drip tray on the rack below.
5. Smoke the chicken to 165ºF internal temperature in the middle of the chicken breast
Depending on the size of your chicken, the cook time could range from 2-6 hours. Butterflying the chicken to expose more surface area will increase cooking speed.